Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Welbedacht Estate Wellington Sauvignon Blanc 2010

Welbedacht Estate Wellington Sauvignon Blanc 2010


Last year I reviewed the maiden vintage of their Sauvignon Blanc and though generally I do not believe up to now that Wellington as a ward can produce Sauvignon Blanc competing wth more moderate Ward, district and regions, at the time I rated the wine a low 80's but nearly 6 months down the line and have virtually taste all Wellington Sauvignon Blanc of 2010, I can now say that the Welbedacht Estate is by far the finest Wellington Sauvignon Blanc made to date, yes I was highly critical initially and as always, but can now make the clear verdict, Welbedacht Estate Sauvignon Blanc is indeed Wellington best keep it up, hat's off to Cellar Master Jacques Wentzel to pull out such a decent wine with it's own personality! and complexity.