Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A bit of nostalgia...............Bartho Eksteen 2001 Overberg Sauvignon Blanc.......!

A bit of nostalgia...............Bartho Eksteen 2001 Overberg Sauvignon Blanc



I was going through the 2001 John Platter South African Wines tonight and whilst going through the pages, saw a back and front label of Bartho Eksteen 2001 Sauvignon Blanc, Wine of Origin Overberg, that I have kept aside after enjoying the bottle............... back in 2002........one of the most memorable South African Sauvignon I have ever enjoy, right at the beginning of my career as a Sommelier.


A Loire like flintiness with pungent Sauvignon notes, was really a "sauvage" number, then!, 13 ABV, but so impressive and memorable.


No score given as I must admit, back then at 24 years old I was not scoring wines using the 100 point scoring system, but in today's standard it will perhaps be worth an 83 - 85 points.


What was "gold" or Diamond 10 years ago is now a solid silver!