Issued by:GC Communications on behalf of: The House of J.C. Le Roux
Transform an everyday recipe into a Méthode Cap Classique indulgence with melt-in-your-mouth J.C. Le Roux La Vallée cream cheese icing cupcakes.
Made in the time-honoured French tradition of secondary bottle fermentation whereby the delicate bubbles are created and captured in the bottle, the palate pleasing demi-sec, La Vallée, adds a luxurious finishing touch to the decadent sugar syrup that crowns this delicious cupcake treat.
Be sure to have extra, well-chilled bottles and flutes on hand to share with your friends and loved ones when tucking into these home baked gems.
Herewith the recipe, courtesy of www.breadnbutter.co.za:
J.C. Le Roux La Vallée cupcakes with cream cheese icing
Makes 16 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
4 extra large eggs
310 ml castor sugar
500 ml cake flour
15 ml baking powder
2,5 ml salt
250 ml milk
100 g butter
5 ml vanilla extract
60 ml J.C. Le Roux La Vallée
75 g sugar
For the cream cheese icing:
720 g (3 tubs) cream cheese
240 g icing sugar
1. For the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 180°C. Fill 16 muffin holes with paper cupcake cases.
2. Cream the eggs and sugar together with an electric beater until pale and fluffy. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and gently fold it into the egg mixture.
3. Gently heat the milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat, do not boil. Stir the warm milk mixture and vanilla essence into the batter. Pour into the prepared cases and bake for 25-30 minutes.
4. For the sugar syrup, combine the J.C. Le Roux La Vallée and the sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook slowly until the sugar has evaporated and then turn up the heat. Cook until the mixture is slightly syrupy.
5. For the cream cheese icing, combine the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl, and mix through.
6. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and drizzle with the J.C. Le Roux La Vallée syrup.
7. Place the cupcakes in decorative cupcake moulds and pipe the icing onto each cupcake. Sprinkle with edible gold glitter.
• Stay up to date with all the latest news from The House of J.C. Le Roux by visiting www.jcleroux.co.za,www.facebook.com/HouseofJCLeRoux and join the conversation on Twitter @JCLeRoux.
*Recipe and image courtesy of www.breadnbutter.co.za*