Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Klein Constantia MCC Brut 2006 90+ Points


Klein Constantia MCC right from their beginning shows lots of potential and one of Constantia valley and South Africa's best bottle fermeneted sparkling wine, without having to rely on brought in fruit, great for site specificity expression!

This 2006 was completely forgotten in my wine rack amongst hundreds of bottles until recently when I was pleasantly surprised that I still have 5 bottles!

Always a perfect excuse for a glass of bubbly, this was a magnificent revelation how this Chardonnay driven (if my memory serve me correct there was about 4% Pinot Noir in the blend) MCC have transformed over the years, still bright with precise citrussy / lemony note, nutty, especially grilled hazelnuts, the texture have fill out, feels richer compare to the tightness on release, it almost shows the "gout anglaise" of bubbly, this was just perfect for me with my favorite wood fired pizza (spinach, bacon, feta and fresh chillies) on a sunday afternoon.

Anyone having Klein Constantia MCC or have never tried, buy a few cases and drink it over the years, you will be more than rewarded.